Ford Raptors are one of the most luxurious and strong trucks on the market to date. Although they tote a hefty price tag, customers love their strength, roomy cabins, and high weight baring capacities.
Off road driving is another sought after quality of this truck that will allow you to carry your racing equipment through rugged terrain to your groups meeting point. The High Output Off- Road FOX Live Valve Racing Shox automatically adjusts to the difference in the terrain for maximum performance.
Did we say luxurious? The Raptor has a ton of features that put its technology at an unmatchable level by other trucks on the market. Being that Ford is not a luxury model vehicle, it is almost unheard of to feature as much as they do in a base model like they do in a Raptor. We compare the amount of features to a Lexus, so you know you are going to get a top of the line experience when driving a Raptor. Let’s look at some of these amazing features so you know why the Raptor is worth the high price tag.
- The Raptor features a 24 valve, 3.5 Liter twin-turbo HO EcoBoost Engine with Ford port- fuel and direct- injection (PFDI) system. This super strong engine is a 10-speed automatic which generates an unmatched, best in its class 450 horsepower and 510 feet per pound of torque! This makes the Raptor one of Fords most powerful trucks.
- An interesting feature the Raptor has is Trail Control, which is similar to Cruise Control, but for the trail. Trail Control, unlike cruise control, will keep your truck at low traction, and manages your acceleration and braking. This will allow it to send torque and stop force to the wheels individually to accommodate the changing conditions of the terrain as they are happening.
- There are four different package options available for the Ford Raptor including the Ford Telematics Prep, the Trailer Tow Package, the Exterior RAPTOR Graphics Package, and the Hood Graphics Package.
- Even though trucks are more rugged than large SUV’s, you will find that the Raptor is actually very high tech! You will feel like you are riding in luxury, without all the fancy and shiny additions. You will get all the technology that a modern luxury edition SUV has to offer while riding in the biggest and baddest truck in town.
At and MSRP of $53,455.00, those features alone might not entice you to choose the Raptor as your towing companion, so let’s look at all the Specs that make the Ford Raptor one of the best trucks on the market:
- Rear door (Supercab edition)
- Box Link for easy application of extra accessories
- Cargo Lamp with Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Flared front fenders with air extractors
- Unique Grille with “FORD” embellished across
- Hood air extractors
- Marker Lights
- Quad Beam LED headlights
- LED taillights
- Side mirrors with skull design
- Spare tire carrier
- Tailgate LED lighting and power lock
- Easy Fuel Capless Fuel Filter
- Automatic Headlights and Windshield Wipers with rain activation
- Cargo Box tie down
- Cast Aluminum running boards
- Power adjusting side mirrors
- Heavy Duty Front and Engine Skid Plates
- Rear Privacy Tint and Defroster
- One touch up and down driver and passenger windows
- Body Color Handles and features
- LED Box Lighting
- LED mirror mounted spotlights
- Body Color side mirrors
- Tailgate Step
- Tailgate Assist
- Unique “FORD” accent colored applique on tailgate
- Remote Tailgate Release
- Auto dimming, heated and integrated turn signal side mirrors
- LED side mirror approach lights
- Twin Panel Moon Roof
- Rear power sliding glass
- Wind Shield Wiper Defroster
- 4.2-inch screen
- Pre-collision assist
- Emergencry braking
- Automatic high beams
- Rubber front and rear floor mats
- Cruise control
- Delayes accessory power
- Dome light
- Floor shifter
- Grab handles in front and rear
- Six Auxillar Upfitter Switches
- Outside temperature display
- 12v front and rear powerpoint
- Reverse sensing system
- Leather steering wheel with thumb paddle shifters
- Single zone manual air conditioning
- Am/fm radio
- Sirius satellite radio
- Sync 3 voice activated response technology
- FordPass Connect Wifi hotspot
- 360- degree camera
- 8-inch digital display screen
- Stop and go adaptive cruise control
- Ambient lighting
- Push button start
- Lane keeping system
- Power adjustable petals
- Pro trailer backup assist
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Smokers pack with ash cup
- Heated steering wheel
- Universal garage door opener
- Dual zone temperature control
- B&O (Bang & Olufsen) sound system
- Voice activated navigation system
- Carbon fiber interior package
- Blue interior package
- High strength steel frame
- Electronic locking rear differential
- Trail Control
- Power rack and pinon steering
- Terrain management system with six selectable drive modes
- Trailer Sway Control
- Torque on demand transfer case
- Auto start/stop engine technology
- Dual exhaust with dual tailpipes
- 10-speed electronic transmission
- 26- 36-gallon fuel tank
- 17- inch cast aluminum wheels
- Heavy duty jack
- 1200-pound payload capacity
- 8,000- pound towing capacity
- Trailer brake controller which makes sure the truck and trailer brakes are operating as a team.
- 4.10 front axle with TORSEN differential
- 17-inch forged aluminum bead lock capable wheels
- Rear view camera with dynamic hitch assist
- AdvanceTrac roll stability control
- Curve control to help slow your vehicle around sharp turns
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Anti-theft alarm
- Remote keyless entry
- SecuriCode keyless entry pad on driver door
- SecurLock passive anti-theft system
- SOS post-crash system alert
- Spare tire and wheel lock
- Blind spot information system
- Inflatable second row safety belts
- Remote Start
- Advanced Security Pack
Towing Capabilities:The Ford Raptor has a stunning 8,000-pound towing capacity and a 1,200-pound payload capacity, which means you will be able to tow a wide variety of things and carry others like:
- Up to 32-foot-long Campers/ fifth wheels
- A variety of boats like:
- Wakeboard boats (6,000- 8,000 pounds)
- Speedboats (8,000 pounds average)
- Ski boats (3,500 pounds and up)
- Deck boats (3,000 pounds and up)
- Pontoon Boats (3,000 pounds and up)
- All types of small fishing boats
- Small- medium Sailboats (500-8,000 pounds)
- Small cabin cruiser boats (6,000 pounds average)
Make sure that when you are planning to tow with your vehicle that you also include the trailer weight. Trailers can typically weight anywhere between 1,000- 1,500 pound or more depending on how big it is.
Believe it or not, most towing accidents are caused by people forgetting to include this in their total weight. This causes your vehicle to become overloaded and can cause the trailer to sway into other lanes, your brakes to fail because of the inability to handle the weight, turning to become compromised, and much more.
With a 1,200-pound payload capacity, your Raptor will also be able to handle carrying a nice load in its bed. You can load this truck up with about 3 dirt bikes in the back, 1 four- wheeler and 1 dirt bike, or one larger sized four- wheeler. You will be able to carry all of your equipment on top of that. With dirt bikes weighing an average of 250 pounds, 3 of them still put you under your carrying limit so you can still hold your ramps and all of your equipment as well.
Why the Raptor is Ideal for Towing:
Not only does the Raptor have a high towing capacity, it also features a range of technology to assist with towing and make it more comfortable for you. Some of this technology is commonly found in only luxury vehicles, which is why it makes the Ford Raptor such a popular choice amongst drivers.
The first feature is a Reverse Sensing System. This system is fantastic for backing up with a trailer because it will warn you if a car is crossing your path behind you. Sometimes with a trailer it can be hard to see everything behind you because you are focusing on so much at once, so this system is a must have.
Another feature is the Lane- Keeping System. This lets you know if you are drifting out of your own lane. When you are towing, you can’t feel it if you start to have trailer sway until it is too late. Your car will know before you do, so the Lane- Keeping System is a great feature to help your vehicle stay in between the lanes before you even realize it.
The Raptor has another feature called Trailer Sway Control, which does just as it says and controls the sway of your trailer. It does this by applying the brakes to each tire individually where it is needed to keep your trailer in its path. With the Lane- Keeping System and the Trailer Sway Control in your Raptor, you are going to be travelling safer than ever before with very minimal room to sway into other lanes.
Ford also uses a 10- speed transmission with Tow/Haul mode to assist your truck in adapting to the weight that it will be pulling behind. This is a great feature to help you tow right up to your vehicles max.
Where does the Raptor stand compared to other trucks it’s size?
Jeep Gladiator- 7,650 pounds towing capacity
Nissan Titan- 9,370 pounds towing capacity
Toyota Tacoma- 6,800 pounds towing capacity
GMC Canyon- 7,700 pounds towing capacity
Ford Ranger- 7,500 pounds towing capacity
Ford F-150- 13,200 pounds towing capacity
The highest towing capacity of any truck on the market currently is the RAM 350 at 23,000 pounds! Trucks can have as low as a 5,000-pound towing capacity, the Raptor sits at a good average weight and won’t disappoint those who are set out to just carry a trailer, a boat, a camper, a fifth wheel, or some powersports equipment. If you are set out to tow very large pieces of equipment like yachts, large fishing rigs, luxurious fifth wheels and campers,
While the Raptor doesn’t sport the highest towing capacity in the business, it is one of the safest equipped for the job. This makes towing easy and comfortable for just about anyone. Not only can you tow a good amount of weight, you can also carry it too. So, if you want to take your Raptor out on the trail while toting your dirt bike to your favorite location, you absolutely can.
The Raptor is a great truck for off-roading, and it is very popular with it because of its FOX shox system which is normally found on a smaller scale on sport side by sides. The Raptor is one of the most luxurious trucks on the market as well. With features that you would normally find in a BMW, Lexus, or any other luxury brand, you will feel comfortable in your tough truck. Who says tough and luxurious didn’t go together? You will be riding in luxury while towing your camper, boat, or other vehicle when you are in the Raptor, and that is what makes the difference.